Monday, August 3, 2009

it's an invasion!

Saturday morning I got up to discover a major ant invasion in my kitchen. After taking about a jillion of them outside in shotglasses(I'm a catch and release kind of gal) I googled non-toxic deterrents and discovered that they hate cinnamon-who knew! It looked to me like they were coming in where the water pipes are under the kitchen sink, so I covered the area with cinnamon! Either they are using another entrance or there were lots hiding out, because I've taken at least 30 out today. Honestly, I like ants. They're cool. Just not in my house! And seriously, why does this happen when mr pawprint is out of town??? And don't they ever sleep? It's nearly 1:30 in the morning and I'm still trapping them. Jeez, I'd have a martini, but all my shot glasses are in use...

2 comments:

  1. Funny. I also like ants - outside - and we've had loads here at our new place and did as well in June at our old place. I got the stuff that's like a powder and not dangerous for animals or kids. I'll check the name of it.... Thanks for sharing your comment on my blog. It's nice to hear from mothers who've kept on keeping on to let those of us new at this know we can as well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chemfree makes Insectigone - it's a gritty dust of some sort that is all natural and fatal to ants. We got it at Home Depot but I'm sure you can get it at Canadian Tire or Rona as well.

    ReplyDelete